With much of the car documented and all possible factory markings accounted for, it was time to start putting the thing back together. This can be very intimidating at first, but once I got going it went pretty well. It does take a while to get stuff accomplished.
At the point from here I had finished the red-oxide underneath and painted the engine compartment black. I replicated the factory color overspray on the undercarriage which turned out nicely. I even marked the radiator support with a red markal paint stick like it was and painted over it. It is slightly visible, but I know it is there.
Here are a few snapshots taken during reassembly:
nice vent louver shot
dash looking like a dash again
dash with even more stuff in it!
rear interior shot
rear interior shot(other side)
rear brake drum
right front suspension shot
Good pic of white paint on transmission insulator(which is NOS)
C-4 transmission detailed and ready
engine compartment after fresh paint
engine bay coming along...
nice view of kelsey hayes proportioning valve(note 3 fitting brake line junction)
engine painted and some accessories attached
ready to drop it in!
wow! almost looks like a mustang monthly shot!
another engine shot
closer engine shot
last pic from sep (1)
last pic from sept (2)
last pic from sept (3)
driveshaft with new stenciled numbers
Most of these pictures were scanned in at a higher resolution to show detail, sorry if they take a while to load.
On to pictures from October
Back to main page